Faradays Electrical (Pty) Ltd
(Registration Number: 2005 / 028844 / 07)
(Hereinafter referred to as “the Company”)
At Faradays Electrical, we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your Personal Information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and openly.
As a result, we would like to inform you, regarding the way we would use your Personal Information. This Notice explains how we obtain, use, and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI Act).
If you do not agree with these terms, you may choose not to provide any Personal Information, but this may impact on our ability to support you as a client or supplier. This Privacy Notice and Consent forms part of our Terms and Conditions of Use and such shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
According to the POPI Act ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information includes but is not limited to:
• Marital status
• National origin
• Relevant financial history
• Identifying number (like an employee number, identity number or passport number)
• E-mail address; physical address (like residential address, work address or your physical location); telephone number
• Biometric information (like fingerprints, signature, or voice)
• Race; gender; sex; pregnancy status; ethnic origin; social origin; color; sexual orientation
• Physical health; mental health; well-being; disability; religion; belief; conscience; culture
• Medical history; criminal history; employment history
• Personal views, preferences, and opinions
• Another’s views or opinions about you.
• Full names and initials
Personal information includes special personal information, as per below –
This includes but is not limited to:
• Ethnic origin
• Trade union membership
• Biometric information
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process your Personal Information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you, to support our contractual and/or employment relationship with you.
The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose. Information may be collected from a public record.
With your consent, we may also supplement the information that you provide to us with information we receive from other companies in our industry to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Faradays Electrical.
- COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may automatically collect non-Personal Information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website. We may also aggregate details which you have submitted to the site (for example, the products or services you are interested in). You cannot be identified from this information, and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this website. We may from time-to-time supply third parties with this non-personal or aggregated data for uses in connection with this website.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from our websites or applications to your computer or device hard drive or Internet browser where it is saved. The cookie contains information to personalise your experience on our websites or applications and may improve your experience on the websites or applications. The cookie will also identify your device, like the computer or smart phone.
By using our websites or applications you agree that cookies may be forwarded from the relevant website or application to your computer or device. The cookie will enable us to know that you have visited the website or application before and will identify you. We may also use the cookie to prevent fraud and for analytics.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use your Personal and Non-Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
• to provide specialized electrical and data installations to the South African market in accordance with the agreed contractual terms.
• to act according to your instructions
• the company may from time-to-time transfer and/or disclose your Personal Information to other parties, including its other branches and/or approved third party product/service providers and related companies, such disclosure shall always be subject to an agreement concluded between the Company and such other person (“the recipient”) obligating the recipient to comply with strict confidentiality, with all the information security conditions and provisions as contained in POPIA.
• to comply with regulatory reporting obligations and legislative requirements.
• to comply with our statutory regulations and obligations of screening clients and
visitors’ health when accessing our premises to comply with COVID-19 protocols.
• in relation to supplier information, to create supplier profiles on our systems, pay suppliers and for general administration.
• to undertake activities related to the provision of accounts and/or products and/or services to the client.
• to respond to your queries and comments
• to verify your identity, and that of others linked to you such as your spouse, partner, next-of-kin, and children – for HR purposes.
• collect information about the device you are using to view the site, such as your IP address or the type of browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your Personal Information so as to ensure that the site presents the best web experience for you.
• to maintain and update our client and /or supplier, or potential client databases.
• for other activities and/or purposes which are lawful, reasonable, and adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the provision of our services and/or the use of the website, our business activities, or such other purpose for which it was collected.
• employment applications – we may ask you to provide personal information as part of your application. We will also conduct checks in order to verify your identity and the information in your application and obtain further information about your suitability for your role within the company.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
It is a requirement of POPI to adequately protect the Personal Information that Faradays holds and to avoid unauthorized access and use of your Personal Information.
Faradays continuously reviews its security controls and processes to ensure that your Personal Information is secure.
The following procedures are in place to protect your Personal Information:
• A third-party service provider is mandated to protect the clients’ electronic Personal Information.
• Cognizance is taken of the recommendations made by the third-party service provider.
• Faradays internal server hard drives are protected by firewalls.
• The Information Officer is Barry Karon whose details are available below and who is responsible for the encouragement of compliance with the conditions of the lawful processing of Personal Information and other provisions of POPI.
• This policy is in place throughout Faradays and training on this policy and the POPI Act has taken place.
• Each new employee will be required to sign an employment contract containing relevant consent clauses for the use and storage of employee information, or any other action so required, in terms of POPI.
• Every employee currently employed by Faradays will be required to sign an addendum to their employment contract containing relevant consent clauses for the use and storage of employee information, or any other action so required, in terms of POPI.
• Suppliers and third-party service providers will be required to sign operators’ agreements guaranteeing their commitment to the Protection of Personal Information; this is however an ongoing process that will be evaluated as needed.
• Consent to process client information is obtained from clients (or a person who has been given authorization from the client to provide the client’s personal information) during the introductory, appointment and needs analysis stage of the relationship.
• Despite the above measures being taken when processing Personal Information and Special Personal Information, as far as the law allows, we will not be liable for any loss, claim and/or damage arising from any unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse, loss, alteration, or destruction of your Personal Information and/or Special Personal Information.
- YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR OWN INFORMATION
You have the right to request, free of charge, confirmation as to whether we hold personal information about you. You also have the right to request a copy of the record of personal information or a description of the personal information we hold about you. Submission of access request forms together with the details of the access request procedure can be found in PAIA Manual.
- CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all, reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to Personal Information we may hold about you.
We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date by notifying us of any changes, we need to be aware of.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Faradays will retain your personal information for the statutory period/s as required by law. Or where we need to do so in connection with any legal action or an investigation in which we are involved Otherwise, we will keep your personal information for as long as is needed to provide you with access to the services requested.
- RIGHT TO OBJECT
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18, you have the right to object to the processing of personal information as referred to in section 11(3) of the POPIA.
- RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (South Africa) (IRSA).
The IRSA contact details are:
- NOTICES AND REVISIONS
If you have any concern about privacy at the company, please email us through a description and we will try and resolve the issue for you.
The updated policy will be communicated with you via email or your selected communication channel with us, unless you have instructed us not to. Alternatively, we encourage you to check this page regularly.
- CONTACT US
Information Officer: Barry Karon
Contact number: 021 531 7175